As part of Arizona State University’s commitment to creating a sustainable campus, the university has developed Sustainable Event Guidelines which aim to reduce the environmental impact of events held on campus.
The benefits of integrating sustainable practices into special events include:
- Meeting community expectations
- Making events marketable to sponsors
- Instilling positive change in vendors and attendees
- Diverting recyclables and compostables from the landfill
- Reducing greenhouse gases
- Increasing environmental awareness
- Reducing landfill costs
Throughout these pages, you’ll see tips and recommendations for making your event sustainable. We can all do our part to make a difference!
ASU Green Event Program
A green event seeks to reduce negative environmental and social impacts and increase positive economic effects. Green events practices include recycling and waste management, energy efficiency, green purchasing and transportation practices, and the use of local and organic foods, among others.
Event Planning Tips
Food & Beverage Tips
After the event