Event Planning Guide
- You are expecting over 100 guests.
- The event will be outdoors, in lab space, or other non-traditional event space.
- Serving alcohol.
- Media will be present.
- Your setup includes tents, canopies, stages, platforms, inflatables, carnival rides, or barricades/fencing.
- There will be hazardous materials, fireworks, generators, cooking (including food trucks), or other safety concerns.
- Your program includes controversial topics. (Media might cover it, protesters might attend, security maybe needed.)
- VIPs, elected officials, donors, anyone who travels with security details, or dignitaries will be invited to the event.
If you have questions about the VIPs, please contact Office of Special Events, Tye Thede.